February 22, 2015
- LONDON — Nearly a week after a cease-fire was supposed to have gone into effect in Ukraine, Secretary of State John Kerry met with his British counterpart Saturday to discuss the imposition of additional sanctions because of what he called Russia's "brazen" violations of the agreement.
February 16, 2015
- But both sides claim violations by the other, and a key army position remains a worry.
February 14, 2015
- KIEV, Ukraine — A cease-fire was declared in east Ukraine at 12:01 a.m. today, kindling slender hopes of a reprieve from a conflict that has claimed more than 5,300 lives.
February 13, 2015
- Ahead of a cease-fire starting Sunday, both sides fought vigorously for better positions.
February 12, 2015
February 10, 2015
February 9, 2015
- MOSCOW — This is a critical week for Ukraine, as the White House deliberates whether to send arms, European leaders push for last-ditch peace talks, and war rages on the ground. More than 5,300 people have died since the conflict started in April, according to U.N. estimates, including hundreds in recent weeks.
February 8, 2015
- Leaders try to halt fighting that has worsened.
February 7, 2015
- DONETSK, Ukraine — Death and drama play out on the streets in the eastern Ukrainian city of Donetsk almost daily.
- U.S. and European leaders at conference point finger at Russia.